SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
PROCESS & SOLUTIONS
Effective SEO strategies put you at the top of search engine results and keep you there, where customers are looking for answers and solutions to their questions.
If you are not where consumers are, you will be left behind to savvy competitors. SEO is the strategic use of publishing relevant and useful content that drives traffic to your website and grows sales. We know what Google wants, anything else is gaming the system.
SEO Audit & Plan Overview
Onsite SEO is the process of using best practices outlined by Google and the other search providers on website structure and content format. All the nuanced technical details that go into creating a website that we develop to outrank your competition.
No SEO or bad SEO, it all boils down to the indexing of your content, your content is still valuable, but, as the quote from Google states in my tip above, SEO helps Google understand and index your content. You need to improve the crawler, appreciate your site, and index it properly.
If your content is not indexed, the reality is the only consumers that’ll find your website already know your actual web address.
This may work for your current customers, the rest of your potential visitors will instead go with your competition, which creates better value with their content and makes it easier for that content to get indexed.
When online consumers are browsing individual companies, showing them that you are trustworthy, purely through the business policies that you already put in place, can provide potential customers with peace of mind. Implementing this process is secure and can give your SEO strategy an impressive boost with conversions.
Running an e-commerce store? Highlight your business practices, place your return policies where they can be found and understood.
A small FAQ section discussing customer service policies, including how your company resolves customer issues, is great for someone on the fence with your product or service.
Finally, don’t make the same mistake as other businesses, by hiding your contact phone number. Place your name boldly within the header of every webpage.
Skimp on SEO, and you’re helping your competition win. Their content might not even be the best, it could be yours, but if a search engine doesn’t know about you, your potential visitors won’t either.
Here is what Google says about SEO and your content:
You should build a website to benefit your users, and any optimization should be geared toward making the user experience better. One of those users is a search engine, which helps other users discover your content. Search Engine Optimization is about helping search engines understand and present content.
On-Site SEO Checklist
- Install a Premium SEO plugin
- Create a sitemap and submit it to search engines
- Create and add a robots.txt file to your site
- Use short, descriptive URLs
- Write compelling title tags and descriptions
- Use one H1 on your page (and include your keyword in it)
- Link to relevant internal and external resources
- Optimize your images with descriptive “alt” tags
- Intelligently “sprinkle” long-tail variations throughout your content
- Add schema markup to enhance SERP visibility (where relevant)
Off-Site SEO Scope
Off-Site SEO is the process of building authority through content outside of your website. This process includes things like guest posting, link building, video creation, and much more.
Writing something of value does two things, creates trust and authority in your area of expertise. Google doesn’t know anything, Google indexes websites and shows you the most relevant page based on the question you are asking. You need to tell Google what your content is about and why it is more important than your competition’s post.
If you plan on being found online and results from the vast amount of companies available that provide the same products or services that you provide. You need to create some kind of value with your content. Search engines work off of the principle of relevance, authority & trust.
Off-Site SEO Checklist
- High-quality backlink & authority building
- Ongoing keyword and topic research
- Use of created content to spread your messaging in relevant platforms for your industry.
- Creation of explainer videos and infographics
OUR TIPS FOR OPTIMIZING YOUR CONTENT
- Write about something of value;
- Make sure it’s written for humans, not robots – Google knows the difference;
- Write as an authority in your area of expertise;
- Provide examples of your knowledge, cite your sources.